Sunday, July 31, 2011

Welcome to Saudi Arabia! (Marhaba!)

The Kingdom
Cowardness, a thing that nobody can escape. But for me all things are just within one’s perception. I am a filipino nurse who dared to be here in the land of Riyals. I came here as a Travel Consultant, so much away from my said profession. I got my PRC license back then on 2009 after passing the Boards in June of same year. I have several contributions to the travel industry that is why i have a special skill in this field.

I am writing this as a source of FYI to everyone that believed in success rather than failures. At the age of 24 i have already got 1 million php total since working from 21 years of age. Though getting
my first million is a pretty tough one considering the hunger/starvation in the Philippines, I still manage to survive and keep my family supported.

At this moment, I am now working for 8 months in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Yet I still have 4 months for me to finish my contract and the rest will be objectively and subjectively the decision of the management to keep me here. I am enjoying the life here, away from nothing, and away from home. I freshly remembered when I took my first International flight with Gulf Air, that was so nerve wracking. All perceptions from the Philippines that Saudi Arabia will be a really tough contry to visit with. But in God’s grace I was able to surpass the fear and lived happily here.

I flew from Manila to Bahrain to Dammam. The worst experience started from the immigration area in Dammam. 10 minutes before arrival to Dammam, stewardees gave a special paper (entry visa) and is like a death note. Once you practice illegal things in their country the punishment is death. My heart pounded hard after signing that paper, then we arrived at 845pm in Dammam Airport. This is the worst immigration I’ve encountered. We have waited for long time because the personnel just stares at the people for some time doing nothing. Until we have manage to pass the immigration, and luckily I was fetched by our management and arrived in our staff’s house at 1230am.

Working here in the Kingdom is just the same in the Philippines. You have Indian bosses, Egyptian ones and of course the local nationals living. The cost of living is perfect for saving because you can manage to survive just like how you spend money in the Philippines. The key to saving here is the surrounding. You won’t be tempted to buy anything because the only available ones in the market are limited. Secondly, your salary compared to the Philippines is doubled/tripled/quadrupoled depending on your job title. Mine is well and good if I am to consider. Im happy and satisfied with what I have here, despite of the fears from most of us in the Philippines. The structure is simple here, low height buildings because of low foundation (sand country), people have different traits, and most of them are arrogant. No church for you to go with but there are malls that are not so huge to visit. Parks are everywhere, but np shorts allowed for most places.
You might be wondering why I have written this, but my point of view is just to let somebody know that this Kingdom only differs in location but not the entire thing. If your motive is to work hard for a living then you are perfect here. But if the eagerness to sacrify isn’ yet in your heart please do not go for it as you would just end up being frustrated.

To my fellow kabayans, may this be a help somehow to enlighted the image of the Kingdom that made some filipinos become successful, both insight and resources. Keep striving and keep believing that’s the key of life. And that you should stick with.

Godbless you.



thank you for the visit. see my facebook click here.

4 comments:

  1. Well done Gep! I am so proud of you. I am really waiting for the day that I can get out of here too and earn a decent living. Sana bukas na. Sigh.
    -Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you lee for the comment. Nagsisimula p lng ako dito. thank you sa pg bisita! :). Chill lng, don't lose hope. God is always on our side.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading! On my own blog, I don't write entries this long because readers will feel lazy,but you made me read this from beginning to end. Good job! ☺

    ReplyDelete